Patricia (Pj) Hopwood-Wade - Tasmanian Watercolour Artist
Why emus? This is a question I am often asked. When my workplace was going through a stressful re-structure, I thought to myself, I need something in my office that will make me smile. So, I painted emus doing emu things. They're fun, friendly, curious creatures and they're wonderful at putting a smile on people's faces, which is why they're very, very popular.
• Highly Commended Award – 129th Annual Selected Exhibition hosted by the Art Society of Tasmania Inc., Lady Franklin Gallery, TAS, 2013.
• People’s Choice Award - Fearless Fabric Exhibition, hosted by the Art Society of Tasmania Inc., Lady Franklin Gallery, TAS, 2009.
• People’s Choice Award - The Shape of Things Exhibition, Art Society of Tasmania Inc., Lady Franklin Gallery, TAS, 2009.
• People’s Choice Award - Not yet Famous Exhibition, Tasmanian Government Community Knowledge Network, The Long Gallery, TAS, 2009.
• 2009 People’s Choice Prize for gaining the highest number of votes over the year from Art Society of Tasmania Inc Member’s exhibitions, Lady Franklin Gallery, TAS, 2009.
Patricia's images are printed on Canson Infinity Aquarelle Rag 310gsm 100% cotton paper rated to 75-100 years.
All images are limited to an edition size of 100, irrespective of size.